NC License # 31580

SC License # 1132

Call Us Today!

America First Heating & Cooling

Monroe, NC 28112

 

Phone: 704 821-1212

After Hours: 704-993-7091

 

Email: america1@americafirstheating.com

Special Offers

Connect with Us.

It's starting to cool off outside.Before you turn on the heat, be sure your heating system or furnace has been checked. Especially for carbon monoxide! CO is found in fumes produced any time you burn fuel in cars or trucks, small engines, stoves, lanterns, grills, fireplaces, gas ranges, or furnaces. CO can build up indoors and poison people and animals who breathe it. Symptoms of Co Poisoning are headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion. CO symptoms are often described as “flu-like".To learn more about CO or to schedule one of our fully trained experts to check your system before the cold weather hits please call 704-821-1212

THE ANSWER IS : CARBON MONOXIDE

Everyone knows Carbon Monoxide can kill. Now that we have our
priorities straight, let’s look at a few fairly simple things each of us can do to reduce our chances of exposure to it.

 

Have your Furnace checked out by a Licensed Contractor every
year.

  • Verify that the flue is open when using the fireplace.
  • Keep areas around combustion appliances clear to avoid blocking combustion air
    from entering the room.
  • Never burn charcoal or gas BBQ’s indoors – even in the garage.
  • Don’t use unvented kerosene or gas space heaters indoors for long periods of
    time.
  • Ensure that all combustion appliances are services by an NCI CO and Combustion
    certified technician annually.
  • Do not start a lawnmower or other gas powered garden appliances in the garage or
    a shed.
  • Remain aware of CO poisoning act immediately if any symptoms are realized
  • Have low level CO monitors installed to protect you from low level CO poisoning.